Does Tea tree oil work for Scabies?
What are the best natural home remedies for Scabies?
Is it ok to use essential oils for Scabies?
These are the most common questions that roll in your mind. Don’t worry, in this guide I have talked about a bunch of natural home remedies that you can use to cure scabies infection fast.
Specifically, here I have discussed in detail, how you can use Tea tree oil to treat & cure Scabies infection fast.
What is Scabies?
Scabies is a skin rash caused by tiny mites called Sarcoptes scabiei. The mites burrow into the skin and cause itching and discomfort. They can cause skin rashes, redness, and blisters on the skin. Scabies does not disappear without treatment and is highly contagious. The female mite burrows under the skin and lays eggs. The eggs hatch a few days later and move to the skin surface and begin the cycle again.
Scabies is a most common skin infection that spreads mainly via skin to skin contact triggering a series of blisters and red and hot bumps. These small red bumps cause severe itching which leads to scratching which spreads further causing a secondary infection, thereby creating a new set of problems.
It can also be spread by clothing that has been used and shared by someone with scabies. Although scabies can be cured by taking oral antibiotics and topical ointments, in addition to that there are several other home remedies available that you can try at home to help relieve the unpleasant symptoms that accompany this infestation.
Tea tree oil is one among such excellent natural home remedy for scabies. Here we will talk about both the tea tree oil as well as other natural home remedies to cure Scabies.
What are the Signs of Scabies Infection?
The Most important signs of scabies infection is the occurrence of severe itching rash of red bumps and blisters.
This rash can occur in various areas of the body such as elbows, knees, feet, wrists, around the waist, around the nipples, shoulder blades, buttocks, genitals, under the breasts, underarms, etc.
One unique and important sign of Scabies compared to other skin infections is that your itching never goes away until the infection is eliminated.
First, you will notice itching or the infected area for the first week of infection, but from there it makes the situation worse if left untreated.
Does everyone get Scabies?
Yes, anyone can get scabies. This highly contagious skin disease does not discriminate between race and age, as they easily transmit from person to person through direct skin to skin contact.
Because of the contagious nature of scabies, epidemics are common, affecting health care facilities long term, hospitals and nursing homes with rampant infections.
Tea tree oil for Scabies
It is important to begin treatment immediately, not only to relieve the painful itching but also to prevent the spread of infection to others. Although scabies infestation can only be treated with prescribed drugs, there are several home remedies you can try at home to help control symptoms and help get some relief.
We have discussed a bunch of them later in my post but before that find out why Tea tree oil is the best solution above all.
The tea tree oil is a natural disinfectant, known for its antiparasitic, antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties.
This essential also contains a specific type of compound call terpinene-4-ol , that can efficiently kill the parasite responsible for scabies infection.
In addition to that, tea tree oil also has rich healing properties that help in reducing inflammation.
3 Steps to use Tea Tree Oil to treat Scabies infection
To use tea tree oil on your outbreak of scabies
- Mix one tablespoon of tea tree oil with one tablespoon of any good carrier oil such as olive oil.
- Dip a cotton ball in this mixture and apply it directly on the infected area.
- Use this treatment twice a day for up to three weeks.
This best natural home remedy for scabies not only fasten the healing process but also relieve any swelling, itch, ng and pain associated with the spread of scabies infection.
Note: The tea tree oil shouldn’t be used by pregnant women and people with sensitive skin
Other natural Home Remedies for scabies
First, to get immediate relief from this painful itching, try soaking the affected area in cold water. This will help soothe the itching area gradually reduce the itching.
After soaking for ten minutes, dry the area and apply calamine lotion directly to the affected area.
A washcloth soaked in cold water is another effective strategy to soothe the painful itching.
2) Neem Oil
This natural pesticide can treat a wide range of skin conditions, particularly scabies. This oil contains powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties that can help to reduce the development of a secondary infection that arises due to scratching on the infected area.
What makes neem oil is a great home remedy is that it helps effectively to prevent the spread of infection, thereby helps to heal quickly.
How to Use?
- apply pure neem oil directly over the infected area ten minutes before going to shower.
- Apply this remedy for several weeks to help prevent the spread of infection.
3) The Neem Paste
Applying of paste obtained from crushing neem leaves can help to relieve from itching immediately by killing the scabies infection-causing microorganisms.
Neem leaves are well known for their antifungal and antibacterial properties, capable of preventing and eliminating the infection.
How to use?
- Take a few fresh neem leaves and crush them into a paste with the help of pestle and mortar.
- Clean the affected area and apply the paste for ten minutes before taking a shower.
- Repeat the process daily, it gets healed completely in a week.
Secondary skin infections are a common side effect of scabies infections. Secondary infection can occur when a person scratches his rash and breaks the skin allowing the infection to spread or progress.
Zinc acts efficiently in curtailing the bacterial or fungal infection.
How to Use?
- Crush two tablets of zinc and extract the powder.
- Add some water and stir well leaving a paste.
- Apply the paste directly on the affected area and let it sit there for 30 minutes.
- Wash the area gently with lukewarm water.
- Apply the paste daily until your scabies infection is completely healed.
5) Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper help kill the mites responsible for the outbreak of scabies.
How to Use?
- Add a cup of Cayenne pepper to your hot bath (tub).
- Immerse yourself in the bath until the water cools. Be careful not to get that water in your eyes as it burns a lot.
- After the bath, rinse with cold water pepper.
- This treatment should be used daily until the infection subsides.
Note: This home remedy is not suitable for people with sensitive skin.
This anti-inflammatory and antiseptic herb helps to soothe the irritating symptoms of scabies.
How to Use?
- To make a healing turmeric paste, combine one tablespoon of turmeric with a little water and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Stir until the ingredients are formed into a thick paste.
- Apply the paste directly on the affected area and let sit for an hour.
- Gently rinse with warm water. Apply this treatment daily until the scabies symptoms disappear.
7) Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is quite possibly the best friend of your skin, protecting it from a wide range of infections by healing the irritating symptoms of rashes, insect bites, and scabies, etc.
Aloe vera gel contains healing antimicrobial properties that help to fasten the healing process.
How to Use?
- To experience the soothing relief of aloe vera, apply fresh aloe vera gel directly over the area with scabies.
- Leave for 30 minutes and then gently rinse with warm water.
- You can apply this treatment twice a day until the infection cures completely.
8) Vinegar (Apple cider vinegar or White)
Vinegar helps to kill scabies mites organically by changing the pH of your skin thereby creating an unfavorable environment for the infection causing micro-organisms to grow.
The acidity of vinegar helps to kill the mites, and also accelerate the healing process.
How to Use?
- To help kill scabies mites, mix a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar with a couple of tablespoons of water in a container.
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and place the cotton ball directly on the affected area.
- Let the cotton ball to sit for a couple of minutes and then gently rinse the area with lukewarm water.
- For quick results, use this treatment 3 times a day for 15 days.
9) Lavender essential oil
This soft and fragrant essential oil has powerful antiseptic properties that help to eradicate the scabies mites responsible for scabies infection.
How to Use?
- Take a bath soothing lavender, add 5 drops of lavender oil and 5 drops of olive oil to the water bath.
- Stay in the water for 15 minutes it not only kill mites but also takes off the painful itching caused due to scabies.
- Use this home remedy daily until the infection is gone.
If you face any issue while using tea tree oil, feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you.