What’s the fastest way to get rid of a Cold Sore?
Which Essential Oil helps cold Sores?
Can you put tea tree oil on Cold Sore?
Well, different people use different treatment methods such as Lysine, Vinegar, Toothpaste etc., But above all, Tea tree oil was found to be the most effective medicine to cure cold sores without any side effects.
In fact, in this guide, I will show you the exact step by step process of using tea tree oil to get rid of cold sores fast.
So with that, let us begin & know:
What is a Cold Sore?
Cold sores are a type of blisters that form inside your mouth as a result of infection by a type of virus called, Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). They are also known as fever blisters due to their inflammatory action.
Most people mistake Cold sores are caused due to Cold. But in reality, they is no relation between cold and cold sores.
These fluid-filled blisters have some unique characteristics. For example they usually form on and around lips making it v ery easy to identify.
In most cases, a single sore is formed but at times there are chances to form multiple sores as a group at the same place.
Are Cold Sores Dangerous? Should I Call my Doctor?
Most people get scared looking at cold sores, but there is nothing much to worry as such because they are very common.
Below are the 2 major scientific surveys that claim the same.
- World Health organization records say that around two-thirds of all adults above the age of 50 have HSV-1.
- According to the University of Michigan’s Health service, at least 50 percent of American kindergarten age children.
They usually burst and cure on their own without the need for medical intervention.
However, it is wise to take antibiotics as a precaution measure.
How Long does a Cold Sore Last?
A cold usually forms & vanishes in 5 stages:
- Stage 1: Patient feels Tingling and Itching before the formation of the blisters
- Stage 2: Patient finds Fluid-filled blisters
- Stage 3: Blisters outbreak, ooze, and turn in painful sores
- Stage 4: The cold sores gradually dry up & cracks causing intense itching to patients.
- Stage: Finally the dried out sore fall off & the Cold sore gets healed.
Cold sores usually happen, again and again, the first outburst may last up to 2 weeks or more. But the following ones will cure early and also the time to be taken to heal will reduce gradually.
How to Cure Cold Sores? Is there any fast medicine?
Frankly speaking, there is no drug for treating cold sores. Also most of the medicines that are intended to cure cold sores or not that effective because they outbreak and cure on their own.
An experienced doctor may provide you with some efficient over-the-counter medications to relieve you from the pain and burning sensation.
How to use Tea Tree Oil for Cold Sores?
Tea Tree Oil is one of the most effective treatment measures for curing cold sores because after antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Things you need:
- Lukewarm water
- Pure Tea Tree Oil
- Carrier oil like Jojoba or Coconut Oil
- Cotton Swab
5 Steps to Cure Cold Sores with Tea Tree Oil
- Step-1: Wash the area of inflammation with Luke warm water. This will help to rid off any topical microorganisms.
- Step-2: Pure tea tree oil is very powerful. So, mix it thoroughly with excess carrier oil in the ratio of 1:5 or 1:10.
- Step-3: Add the diluted oil to cotton swab & place it gently on the infected area.
- Step-4: Repeat the Process twice a day for 1-2 weeks.
- Step-5: Your cold sore may get cured even before that but still continue applying tea tree oil to prevent recurrence.
- Tea tree oil should be used only for topical treatment.
- It shouldn’t be swallowed or get in contact with the eyes.
- Improper dilution or usage of tea tree oil can affect negatively.